[ITP] openmpi-1.6.3-2

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 11:10:00 GMT 2012

On 11/16/2012 11:27 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 06:35 +0100, marco atzeri wrote:
>> wrong upload. Try now please
>
> I appreciate your doing this, as OpenMPI is used in a component of Boost
> which I've been disabling for lack thereof.
>
> Found a few issues:
>
> 1) Calling the runtime package just "libopenmpi" will cause trouble
> later when one or more of the DLLs have an soname bump.  As they don't
> seem to be version-coordinated, separate packages for each runtime is
> the safest bet.  Also, the opal and orte libraries are only used
> internally; headers are not installed by default.  Revised .cygport
> attached.

ok, but why shortening to libmpi ?
In theory there are other mpi implementation around.

> 2) AFAICS an additional patch is needed to fix loading of the debugger
> module, attached.

thanks

> 3) openmpi can use libesmtp if present.  It is currently available in
> Ports; shall I ITP it?

one more dependency is not a problem.
Waiting for your ITP before "-4"

> Yaakov

Should we go for this route  : KEEP_LA_FILES="none"   ?
I already noticed that the libnetcdf-devel is broken as
/usr/lib/libnetcdf.la require libcurl.la that does not exist anymore.

Marco