[ITP] yasm -- a complete rewrite of the NASM assembler

Jari Aalto jari.aalto@cante.net
Mon Oct 8 20:14:00 GMT 2012

On 2012-10-08 19:42, David Stacey wrote:
| On 08/10/12 10:23, Jari Aalto wrote:
| >On 2012-10-07 22:01, David Stacey wrote:
| >|
| >| yasm...
| >
| >Builds ok, GTG. It would be nice to also to have manual pages[*] for
| >all binaries. These don't have one:
| >
| >         usr/bin/vsyasm.exe
| >         usr/bin/ytasm.exe
| >
| >Jari
| >
| >[*] FYI Debian includes manual pages for those and they are freely
| >dstributable. http://packages.debian.org/unstable/yasm
|
| The man page is extremely minimalistic...

However minimalistic, everyone want's to access help with:

  man <command>

| ...if he would submit it to
| the yasm developers. Then all distributions of yasm would benefit.

He may already have. But waiting upstream may not always be the best
strategy for users[1]

You could also ping upstream. The more contacts, the merrier.

I would just copy the pages from Debian and in a dark, rainy autum
day, nothing else to do, improve them together.

Jari

[1] Given yasm's track record for releases, progress is slow.
    The same Debian developer has maintained the package since 2006, so he
    may have been in contact already.
    http://packages.qa.debian.org/y/yasm.html