Sorted list of packages missing in the 64 bit distro yet

Thu Aug 1 16:02:00 GMT 2013

On Aug  1 11:32, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >Alternatively, if you
> >think a package doesn't have to be rebuilt for 64 bit (Chuck's older
> >automake versions come to mind)
>
> Given that they all had such extensive test suites, I thought it
> would be a useful smoke test to run them on cygwin64.  So, I rebuilt
> and re-ran all of the test suites, on both cygwin32 and cygwin64,
> for all ELEVEN versions [1] of automake...  1.14 should finish in
> about seven more hours. [2]
>
> So...thanks, but... :-)  As soon as the last test is finished, and I
> compose all of the announcement messages, I'll upload everything for
> both 32- and 64-.  Should be sometime this evening or tomorrow
> morning.

Cool.

> >The list is also available online at http://cygwin.com/cygwin-64bit-missing.
> >I'll keep it up-to-date as new packages arrive.
> >

> >   ORPHANED
> >     editrights
>
> Really? it's in the cygwin-apps repository; I thought *you* were the
> maintainer.

That's a mistake, thanks for catching.  I added editrights to the 64 bit
distro long ago, but officially the package is in orphaned by Jari Aalto
stage.  I'll change that in cygwin-pkg-maint and enter myself as
maintainer.

> >      xpm-nox
>
> This is an obsolete (and marked so in its Category) backwards
> compatibility DLL (cygXpm-noX4.dll).

That wasn't noted in cygwin-pkg-config.

> 7/1/2013. At this point (seven years after last update, and four
> years since it was obsoleted) I think it's okay to simply delete the
> 32bit xpm-nox. There is nothing left that depends on it.

Done.

> ...and these aren't, yet.  Sigh.  There's also a number of packages
> that Yaakov built for 64 (ncurses, others; thanks, Yaakov!) that I
> need to pull over to my repo -- simply so I'll be prepared to
> continue maintenance in the future.  I might also, at that time,
> update them as well.
>
> I've got a big ol' list.

:)

Thanks,