zsh for x86_64 uploaded

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Wed Aug 7 23:38:00 GMT 2013

On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Hi Peter,

Greetings, Corinna,

> I just uploaded a 64 bit zsh-5.0.2-1 package.  I did not convert it to
> cygport but kept the g-b-s build script (mostly) intact.
>
> Only two patches were necessary, one of them dropping
> --host=i686-pc-cygwin  and --target =i686-pc-cygwin from the configury,
> the other was replacing a call to cygwin_conv_to_posix_path with a call
> to cygwin_conv_path in builtin.c since the old, deprecated
> cygwin_conv_to_XXX API doesn't exist on x86_64 anymore.  The patch is
> fortunately target independent.

Thanks for doing this.
I've been too busy to devote time to Cygwin lately and I still don't have
access to 64-bit windows to do the porting.

As it turns out, someone else tried building zsh on Cygwin recently and
hit this same problem (cygwin_conv_to_posix_path).  I believe it's been
fixed upstream, but I'll verify that when I grab the latest zsh release.

BTW, how hard would it be to move to cygport?  Is it worth the trouble?

> Zsh seems to run fine as far as my limited testing goes.

Since there was an existing 5.0.2-1 (32-bit) and since there was a
revision to the source package and since the changes could be applied to
both 32-bit and 64-bit, you probably should have made this 5.0.2-2
instead, but, hey, no worries.  I'll sync things up once I get a 64-bit
Win running. :-)

Thanks again!

--
--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com