why does setup keep trying to install non-required packages?

Mon Aug 12 16:08:00 GMT 2013

> On Aug 12 11:29, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh, right.  The setup sources seem to prove that point, too.
>>
>> You know, I think I will remove "Misc" from upset's logic.  The category
>> field should be mandatory, not optional.
>>
>> I assume that no one disagrees with this, right?
>
> I don't.

Back in the day, Misc was used when setup.exe supported installing a
directory full of random tarballs without setup.hint or setup.ini data.
  So, of course, if you pointed setup.exe at a directory full of random
tarballs, you did so because you wanted to install them -- thus Misc was
installed by default.

But I don't think that (installing tarballs w/o setup.ini data) even
works anymore -- and genini is easy enough to use -- so I also agree
with the decision to remove Misc.

--
Chuck