cygwin package for lyx-2.0.5.1. Re: lyx postinstall error - attention maintainer

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:56:00 GMT 2013

On 2/3/2013 12:13 AM, Bo Peng wrote:
> Dear cygwin-apps,
>
> I was notified about a postinstall error in the lyx 1.6.6 package that
> I prepared about two years ago. I have retired from the lyx
> development team but since no one picked up my role as the cygwin
> maintainer, I have prepared a cygwin package for lyx 2.0.5.1, which
> can be downloaded from http://www.houstonbioinformatics.org/temp/.
> Please let me know if it works as expected because the whole process
> seems to be a bit different from two years ago.
>
> Cheers,
> Bo
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM, marco atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1/9/2013 6:29 PM, Bo Peng wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Marco,
>>>
>>> I retired from the lyx development team a few years ago and have
>>> stopped maintaining its cygwin build. I have asked around but nobody
>>> seemed to be interested in taking over my role. Anyway, if the 1.6.6
>>> building is not working properly, I will try to update it to the
>>> latest version in the next few weeks.
>>>
>>> Bo

Hi Bo,
if you are not planning to maintain anymore the package,
you should declare it as orphan, so we can officially
look for a new maintainer

About this package, it builds fine but the dependencies are wrong

"requires: cygwin aspell python libQtCore4 libQtGui4 libintl8 gettext gv
tetex tetex-base tetex-bin ImageMagick ghostscript-fonts-std
font-adobe-dpi75 libgcc1 libiconv2 libintl8 libstdc++6 libX11_6 zlib0"

/etc/postinstall/lyx.sh requires
/usr/bin/fc-cache = fontconfig

All tetex* are now obsolete, we are now using texlive
The current tetex depends will pull:

tetex -> texlive-collection-basic

tetex-bin -> texlive texlive-collection-basic texlive-collection-binextra

tetex-base -> texlive-collection-binextra
texlive-collection-fontsrecommended texlive-collection-fontutils
texlive-collection-genericrecommended
texlive-collection-latexrecommended texlive-collection-metapost
texlive-collection-texinfo

Probably a trimming is possible.

Additional question about configure.py and /usr/share/lyx/scripts/*py
I assume you need to add python or are they only optional ?

Regards
Marco