GCC maintainer volunteer? (was Re: Changing dependent library version numbers vs. test packages vs. requires: lines.)

JonY 10walls@gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:22:00 GMT 2013

On 2/19/2013 15:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 18 18:59, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> On 4 February 2013 05:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> I think we're now waiting for a sign of progress on GCC for too long.
>>> I don't think we can wait much longer.  If you're still happy to
>>> maintain Cygwin's GCC, please provide a new package within the next two
>>> weeks.  Otherwise, from my point of view GCC is up for grabs.
>>
>> I believe it's been 2 weeks, any chance someone will lead the charge
>> and provide a new GCC?
>
> Yeah, it's really too bad.  I had so hoped that Dave would still be with
> us.
>
> I now orphaned all gcc packages in cygwin-pkg-maint.
>
> If anybody feels bold enough to take up gcc maintainership, please step
> forward.
>
> It would be most appreciated if you would also be willing to take over
> maintainership of the 64 bit compiler, as soon as we start the official
> 64 bit distro (later this year).  But that's an entirely different
> beast, so we could also split maintainership, especially given the
> requirement to provide cross compilers 32->64 and 64->32 bit, too.

I can give Cygwin GCC a try over the weekends. Not sure if it is too
complicated.

Well, if someone else wants to take maintainership, feel free to over
take me :)