[ITP] scons - Open Source software construction tool.

Sat Jul 6 00:17:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-07-05 10:17, David Rothenberger wrote:
> I sincerely hope that nobody will ever use scons.

+1; I cringe every time I have to deal with it.

> If it becomes popular, I will quickly be out of my depth maintaining
> the package, since I'm no gcc build expert nor a Python programmer.

Fortunately, I doubt it will; I ship only five packages which use scons
in Ports.  Waf (which isn't much better) seems to be the current
preference for those that want Python-based general purpose build systems.

BTW, I'll remove scons from Ports at the next upload.

Yaakov