Please try new setup exe's

Mon Jul 15 18:58:00 GMT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 02:32:24PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>On 7/15/2013 1:05 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> The setup.ini's used by these two new programs are not
>> backwards-compatible with old setup.exe.
>
>What changes did you have to make to upset, to teach it about the new
>format? I'd like to replicate those changes in genini...
>
>	http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/genini/genini?rev=1.13&cvsroot=cygwin-apps
>
>... so I can test the new setup-exe's with my to-be-uploaded packages.

The new setup.exe will still understand old setup.ini's, just not the
reverse.

However, all that I did to upset (for this particular change there were
a few more other changes required) was add --release and --arch options
to produce the setup.ini with those tags.

Feel free to add those to genini if you want.

The intent of release:, as I stated elsewhere is to eventually get
rid of the mirror directories created by setup.exe.  They will be
replaced with "release" directories like "cygwin" or, e.g.,
"cygwinports".

cgf