Readline 64 bit packaging bug (was Re: Please try new setup exe's)

Tue Jul 16 14:33:00 GMT 2013

On Jul 16 16:21, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 16 10:04, Ken Brown wrote:
> > The dependencies on readline also need to be fixed.  In addition to
> > the three that Jon mentioned, there's also rlwrap.  My guess is that
> > all four dependencies should be removed (rather than replaced with
> > dependencies on libreadline-devel), since none of the packages
> > depend on readline in the x86 distro.
>
> How did I miss that?  THis is probably the same effect as for the gcc
> dependency since it's no coincidence that 3 of the 4 affected packages
> are mine.  I fixed that for all of them, including the python package.

I just rebuilt 64 bit gawk for testing, and cygport still adds the
readline dependency.

And I think I see why that is.  It's a packaging bug in readline.
For some reason, the /usr/bin/cyghistory7.dll and /usr/bin/cygreadline7.dll
files are present in *both* packages, readline and libreadline7.
The readline package quite certainly shouldn't contain these files?

Yaakov, did you provide the 64 bit readline stuff?  If so, can you have
a look why the DLLs are present in both packages and fix it?

Thanks,

Red Hat