sqlite defect

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Wed Jul 17 20:52:00 GMT 2013

On 7/12/2013 12:49, fger555@gmx.de wrote:

> But since 3.7.17-3 I cannot read my databases any more
> "unable to open datase file".

Without a test case, debugging this will amount to testing guesses.

My first guess: try setting the new CYGWIN_SQLITE_LOCKING environment
variable to "posix".  That can fix it if you are trying to use two or
more Cygwin SQLite based programs to access a single database file.

The default mode for Cygwin SQLite is now -- and pretty much always has
been -- to prefer allowing a single Cygwin SQLite program to cooperate
with any number of native Windows programs for access to a single SQLite
DB file.

This means that in this "posix" mode, Cygwin SQLite is no longer likely
to cooperate with native Windows SQLite based programs for access to a
shared DB file.  That's the tradeoff: choose to share with other Cygwin
programs, or choose to share with native Windows programs.

> I remember there was a discussion
> on the cygwin general mailing list about this problem
> (backslashes in path?).

If that's what's going on, my .17-3 build should have fixed the problem,
not manifested it.