[RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Wed Jul 24 20:38:00 GMT 2013

On 7/24/2013 05:41, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 24 05:12, Warren Young wrote:
>> You'd have to fake a -3 package set, with libexpat-devel-3 set to
>> obsolete libexpat1-devel-2, so that package developers would
>> automatically get new packages on their next Cygwin update.
>
> If you're willing to do that for 32 and 64 bit, ok.

I don't see what you need from me.  Can't you just copy *-2* to *-3*
except for libexpat1-devel*-2* which becomes libexpat-devel*-3*, then
manually change all the *.hint files referencing libexpat1-devel?

I mean, if I rebuild my packages here using the new .cygport file I
posted, aren't I going to get exactly the same output tarballs as
before, just with different names?