[64bit] openldap compilation doesn't produce shared libraries

Dr. Volker Zell dr.volker.zell@oracle.com
Fri Jun 7 08:39:00 GMT 2013

    > Following up on this, I noticed that slapd's build process is quite broken,
    > resulting in an invalidly formatted executable.  The working method to create a
    > linkable EXE is to just link it with
    > -Wl,--export-all-symbols,--out-implib,libfoo.a, then link other modules with
    > -Wl,path/to/libfoo.a.  (Relying on -L flags for in-tree paths isn't always a
    > good idea with libtool.)

    > I took the liberty of fixing up the build of slapd both with and without modular
    > backends/overlays.  The patch and modified cygport(3) are in Ports git:

    > http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/openldap

You made my day. I am struggling with this since more than a week. I
actually managed to get a working slapd executable but the openldap test
suite still doesn't run. ldapsearch always core dumps. I will check out
your .cygport approach and see if it makes any difference. I'll try to
do it on monday...

Thanks
  Volker