Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Thu Mar 21 01:37:00 GMT 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:45:22PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> 1) Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows available?

No.

> 2) If no, would you be willing to install one?

Yes, but I need to purchase it and schedule converting one of PCs from
32- to 64-bit Windows.

> 3) Are you willing to download the current 64-bit Cygwin and start
> porting your stuff, knowing that there are still bugs?
>
> 4) Or, would you rather wait for 64-bit to be completely stable before
> attempting anything?

I would prefer things to get a little more stable before I start
porting.

> 5) Does the existence of two different architectures make you think
> that it is time for you to stop offering the package?

No.

> 6) Would you be willing to have another person doing the 64-bit port
> for you?

Yes, but I would like to be able to review the changes.

> 7) Are you ok with a 64-bit alpha release being made available which
> contains your packages built by someone else?

Yes.

Jason