[64bit] autoconf test for GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo

Wed May 15 00:19:00 GMT 2013

> I fear you might not like my answer:  The problem here is NOT that the
> linking works, the problem is that, if the configure test is used to
> find out if we're running on Windows or not, it's simply not feasible
> anymore when taking x86_64 Cygwin into account.  This has to be solved
> differently, for instance by not performing this test if configure
> already knows the target is Cygwin.

cygutils uses a similar check in its configury to figure out if it
should build the windows-only getclip/putclip programs...

AC_CHECK_STDCALL_FUNC([OpenClipboard],[void *])
AM_CONDITIONAL(WITH_WINDOWS_PROGRAMS, test "$ac_cv_func_OpenClipboard" =
yes)

But this still works for both 32- and 64- bit cygwin because those lines
are *preceded* by

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([... windows.h])

which insures that future test programs have #include <windows.h> in
them (assuming the header is found), so the proper
declaration/decorations are present for OpenClipboard.

--
Chuck