texlive-collection-texinfo is about to become obsolete

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon May 27 21:44:00 GMT 2013

The package texlive-collection-texinfo is currently required by the
following five packages:

   emacs-auctex (maintained by me)
   lyx (orphaned)
   tetex-base (obsolete, maintained by me)
   tetex-extra (obsolete, maintained by me)
   tetex-tiny (obsolete, maintained by me)

I can't think of any reason why it should be required by any of these
packages.  (In the case of the packages maintained by me, the
requirement was there before I took over as maintainer.)  Moreover, due
to upstream reorganization, the tiny texlive-collection-texinfo is going
to become obsolete in TeX Live 2013, with its contents absorbed by the
much bigger texlive-collection-plainextra.

Unless someone (Yaakov?) knows of a good reason for the requirement, I
think it should be removed from all five packages listed above.

Thanks.

Ken