[64bit] openldap compilation doesn't produce shared libraries

Fri May 31 16:58:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-05-31 08:39, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> On cygwin 64bit compilation of openldap doesn't produce shared libraries for
> libldap and libldap_r (although a shared lib for liblber is produced).

Assuming you are using the same build as the i686 2.4.35-1, the problem
is that you didn't call cygautoreconf.  As noted in the cygport docs,
skipping this step is not recommended even on i686, due to continual
improvements and patches present in our version of libtool.  On x86_64,
cygautoreconf is often *crucial*, as only the most recent versions of
libtool know about the PE32+ format.  openldap ships with a 1.5.x
libtool, hence the failure.

Prepending the following to your src_compile() WFM:

     cd ${S}
     NO_AUTOMAKE=1 \
     cygautoreconf

Note that the NO_AUTOMAKE is special to openldap's situation, which uses
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE but no Makefile.am files; most other packages should
NOT define it.

HTH,

Yaakov