libevent-2.0.21

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 14:56:00 GMT 2013

On 04/10/13 15:15, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 06:46:12AM +0100, David Stacey wrote:
>> On 04/10/13 06:05, Chris Olin wrote:
>>>   Bear with me, as this is my first time doing this and every archived
>>>   intent email seems to have it's own format. Any advice is appreciated.
>>>
>>>   category: Libs
>>>   sdesc: "The libevent API provides a mechanism to execute a callback
>>>   function when a specific event occurs on a file descriptor or after a
>>>   timeout has been reached."
>>>   ldesc: "The libevent API provides a mechanism to execute a callback
>>>   function when a specific event occurs on a file descriptor or after a
>>>   timeout has been reached. Furthermore, libevent also support callbacks
>>>   due to signals or regular timeouts. libevent is meant to replace the
>>>   event loop found in event driven network servers. An application just
>>>   needs to call event_dispatch() and then add or remove events
>>>   dynamically without having to change the event loop. "
>>>   requires: ncurses-devel
>>>
>>>   http://libevent.org
>> If you're offering to maintain a package then thank you.
> Ditto but there is at least one more hoop to jump through before the
> package is even accepted into the distribution.  You have to show that
> it is available in major Linux releases first.

I checked before replying - I should have included the links; sorry.
Both libevent and tmux are present in several major distros:
http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=libevent
http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=tmux

I forgot to check Cygwin Ports though - libevent is already packaged
there, so Yaakov will be able in making this available in Cygwin.
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwinports/x86/release/libevent/
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwinports/x86_64/release/libevent/

Dave.