The upload system is live (Re: Major changes coming to procedure for uploading to sourceware)

Tue Oct 22 20:26:00 GMT 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:18:45PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
>> I don't see any reason for a delete file since only files referenced
>> by setup.hint should exist in the release directory.
>
>There are currently a handful of packages where an earlier version than
>"previous" is kept (ostensibly so that this version can be installed by
>hand when chosing the "previous" version of another package which
>requires it).  I wouldn't mind a "keep" keyword in setup.hint for those
>cases.

If someone is intentionally doing this then this isn't supported
behavior.  If files aren't there for the purposes of setup.exe then they
really shouldn't be in the release directory at all.

cgf