A couple of uploads are missing "!ready" files

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 05:38:00 GMT 2013

On 23/10/13 05:03, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:51:40PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I notice that David Stacey and Chris Sutcliffe have .tar.* files in
>> their directories but no accompanying !ready files in the directories or
>> in the directories above them.  Without those the packages won't be
>> moved.  If you create a !ready in an x86_64 directory it won't apply to
>> packages in x86 directories.  This only applies to packages in the same
>> directory or below.
> Btw, I created the !ready files...

Please forgive me, but I'm slightly confused here. I used the 'mirror'
command to upload my new package, as per your example. Then I created a
!ready file at the top level:

     cd x86/release
     mirror -eR icoutils
     [Similar for x86_64]
     cd /
     put /dev/null -o !ready

I noticed that the new files were copied into ftp.cygwin.com and then I
sent out the announcement.

Was any part of this wrong?

Thanks in advance for the clarification,

Dave.