64-bit Cygwin - Missing packages and mintty issue

Bogdan love4boobies@yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 06:07:00 GMT 2013

Hi,

I've just installed the 64-bit Cygwin port but encountered a few problems.

First of all, there seems to be a problem with the mintty package. While it's marked as installed in the setup, /bin/mintty does not exist so I cannot fire up the terminal. I suspect the package has not been installed.

Secondly, at least the following packages are missing (they don't even show up in the setup's database): inetutils, pax, time, and (according to someone else, I haven't checked) lftp. I suspect others are missing as well.

Cheers,
Bogdan