64-bit: Missing perl modules

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Apr 6 06:32:00 GMT 2014

David Stacey writes:
> Reini: I am aware that you maintain these modules in the 32-bit
> distribution through the 'perl_vendor' package. I don't want to tread
> on any toes, and I don't know what plans you have for
> 'perl_vendor'.

You might want to check the archives for an earlier discussion about
perl_vendor.

https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2012-08/msg00006.html

TL;DR: I'm locally keeping perl_vendor as an "umbrella" package that
just provides dependencies and package each Perl dstribution separately.

I've progressed to have two more of these umbrella packages,
specifically one that collects all the Perl distributions I only need to
build other distributions with (that are not already in perl_vendor) and
another that collects all the distributions for our data analysis.  The
dependencies among these packages never reference the umbrella packages,
so they are strictly for convenience of installing a bunch of Perl
distributions via a single package.  The cygport files for each Perl
distribution are auto-generated (while using some changes to cygport
that Yaakov hasn't accepted upstream).

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: