cygport improvements: upload, fish, src_prep_fini_hook

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Thu Dec 4 00:40:00 GMT 2014

On 2014-12-03 15:40, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>> Here's what I have at the moment based on your branch as of a few weeks
>> ago.  However, with password-protected SSH keys, the password prompt
>> isn't handled properly.  Any ideas?
>
> OK.  Looks good.
>
> Re password prompts: I see the problem.  It's because I echo the lftp
> script to stdout, and pipe it into lftp -f /dev/stdin.  So stdin is
> unavailable for the password prompt.
>
> I think using process substitution instead will be an easy fix for this.
> I'll code this up, test it and push it out shortly.

Thanks.  Would you mind rebasing your branch against Ports master?

> BTW I see that you commented out the line:
>
> echo "rm -f !ready || echo -n"
>
> in the lftp script in __pkg_upload().  That line is there to prevent a race
> condition if the maintainer has already made one upload, then later starts
> to make another one, at the same time that upset starts to copy files from
> the upload area.  In that case, upset could copy partially uploaded or
> corrupt files.  To prevent that, we first remove !ready, then put it back
> later after the new upload is complete.

Thanks for reminding me: I was wondering if it made more sense to place
a !ready file in each top-level package directory, or handle each arch
like you have done.  I could see arguments either way, so I'm open to
suggestions.

--
Yaakov