[ITA] _autorebase

Wed Dec 17 09:39:00 GMT 2014

On Dec 16 16:11, Ken Brown wrote:
> >What would be most helpful is to get a piece of documentation for us
> >maintainers how to use the new _autorebase facility, sent with a fat
> >HEADSUP subject, and which we can ideally add to setup.html.
>
> More importantly, maintainers need to be told about the new kinds of
> postinstall scripts now supported by setup.exe.  (Or maybe that's what you
> meant.)

I actually only meant the new autorebase stuff, but you're oh so right
about the requirement to document how the new postinstall stuff works.
Achim, uhm... sorry abouyt that, but I guess we really have to improve
https://cygwin.com/setup.html on that so all maintainers can educate
themselves how to use the new feature.

Fortunately the web pages are in CVS as well:

  cvs -d :ext:sourceware.org:/cvs/cygwin co htdocs

Thanks,

Red Hat