cygport patches for TeX Live

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Dec 18 13:12:00 GMT 2014

On 12/18/2014 3:22 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>> +	if [ -d /usr/share/texmf-dist ]
>
> Looks like you'd want
> 	if [ -d ${D}/usr/share/texmf-dist ]
> here.

Thanks.  I hope this is the last of the careless mistakes.

>> In postinstall scripts we remove the updmap calls completely and
>> instead create a file of commands in /etc/texmf/postinstall, to be run
>> by a perpetual postinstall script.  In preremove scripts we just group
>> the commands into a single call to updmap, since setup.exe doesn't yet
>> support perpetual preremove scripts.
>
> I don't really like the idea of using /etc directly for this, what if
> every package starts doing that?  If /usr/share/<package>/postinstall
> doesn't work, we should at least create a subdirectory in /etc for this
> purpose.

I used /etc/texmf because that directory is already created by TeX Live and is
used for various configuration files.  But I'm not wedded to that.  If we want
to settle on a standard place for packages to put postinstall marker files, I'll
go with whatever the consensus is.