[ITA] tcl-sqlite3
Jan Nijtmans
jan.nijtmans@gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 12:15:00 GMT 2014
2014/1/14 Corinna Vinschen:
> I don't know much about sqlite, but your package content puzzles me:
>
> usr/lib/sqlite3.8.2/pkgIndex.tcl
> usr/lib/sqlite3.8.2/sqlite382.dll
> usr/share/man/mann/sqlite3.n.gz
>
> This looks only vaguely related to tcl. I see that the existing
> tcl-sqlite3-3.7.15.2-1.tar.bz2 in the 64 bit distro looks similar,
> but it's bound against sqlite-3.7.15.2, so it probably won't work
> with recent sqlite versions anyway.
Well, I tested it, and the tcl-sqlite-3.7.15.2 package works
fine together with the sqlite-3.8.2 package: All sqlite3
package are binary upwards compatible.
> I really don't quite grok the directory layout and the naming.
Without patching, the TEA (Tcl Extension Architecture) is
followed, of course I can patch it to whatever structure
is required for Cygwin. Thanks!
> I took a look into the Fedora package, which is called "sqlite-tcl".
> It provides
>
> /usr/lib/tcl8.5/sqlite3
> /usr/lib/tcl8.5/sqlite3/libtclsqlite3.so
> /usr/lib/tcl8.5/sqlite3/pkgIndex.tcl
>
> That makes more sense to me:
My tcl-sqlite3 build works with both Tcl 8.5 and 8.6 without
re-compilation. Of course I could install copies in both
/usr/lib/tcl8.5 and /usr/lib/tcl8.6, if that is desired, but
both copies would just be identical.
Regards,
Jan Nijtmans
More information about the Cygwin-apps
mailing list