[ITP] python-h5py 2.2.0

Chris LeBlanc crleblanc@gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 02:37:00 GMT 2014

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your feedback.  I've rebuilt the packages for 2.2.1, and
also for Python 3.

I was running the unit test suite manually after installing h5py by
calling h5py.run_tests().  I've added this to the cygport files under
the src_test() function so we can now test using cygport.  I had to
run the unit tests under the staging directory instead of the build
directory, because Cython builds the extension module .dll files in a
temporary build directory, therefore we can't import h5py from the
build dir.  The tests pass for Python 2 and 3 for both 32 and 64 bit.

I've updated the files on the FTP site.  Thanks for the one-line wget
command, the same command can be used to download the updated files:
wget -r -np -nH --cut-dirs=4
ftp://ftp.gns.cri.nz/pub/claritas/misc/cygwin_h5py_packages/

Thanks for working on the hdf5 package, I was pleased to see this in
Cygwin.  I think it could be useful for quite a few packages.

Here is the setup.hint for the Python 3 version of h5py.  The only
change here is switching from python/python-numpy to
python3/python3-numpy:

category: Python
requires: libhdf5_8 python3 python3-numpy hdf5
sdesc: "A Pythonic interface to the HDF5 binary data format for Python 3"
ldesc: "This package lets you store huge amounts of numerical
data, and easily manipulate that data from NumPy. For example, you
can slice into multi-terabyte datasets stored on disk, as if they
were real NumPy arrays. Thousands of datasets can be stored in a
single file, categorized and tagged however you want."

Hopefully this is now ready to go.  Please let me know if there's anything else.

Thanks again,
Chris