[ITP] Regina-REXX-3.8-1

Tue Jun 17 08:12:00 GMT 2014

Hi Mark,

On Jun  9 18:45, Mark Hessling wrote:
> Regina-REXX is an implementation of ANSI Standard Rexx available on many
> platforms.
>
> Regina-REXX is found on a number of Linux platforms, including Debian:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/regina-rexx.html
>
> [...]

Thanks for providing this package.  I had a look and I have a few nits:

- The DLLs in /usr/bin are not following the naming convention for
  Cygwin DLLs.  They should start with the "cyg" prefix.

- The files /usr/bin/rxtest1.dll and /usr/bin/rxtest2.dll look like
  stray files, which are not supposed to be distributed.  They are
  not present in the Debian distro.

- The Debian package is split into three subpackages, regina-rexx,
  libregina3, and libregina-dev.  Apart from the fact that the devel
  package in Cygwin should be called libregina-devel, this layout
  seems to make a lot of sense.  Wouldn't it be better to do this
  for the Cygwin package as well?

- The package-specific directories are called "Regina-REXX", while on
  debian they are lowercase only, "regina-rexx".  It's very much a
  matter of taste, but it might be nice to do this for Cygwin as well.

Thanks,

Red Hat