[ITP] Regina-REXX-3.8-1

Mark Hessling mark@rexx.org
Tue Jun 17 11:51:00 GMT 2014

Hi Corrina,

Thanks for reviewing the proposal. Comments inline.

Cheers, Mark

On 17/06/14 18:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Jun  9 18:45, Mark Hessling wrote:
>> Regina-REXX is an implementation of ANSI Standard Rexx available on many
>> platforms.
>>
>> Regina-REXX is found on a number of Linux platforms, including Debian:
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/regina-rexx.html
>>
>> [...]
> Thanks for providing this package.  I had a look and I have a few nits:
>
> - The DLLs in /usr/bin are not following the naming convention for
>    Cygwin DLLs.  They should start with the "cyg" prefix.

Will fix.

> - The files /usr/bin/rxtest1.dll and /usr/bin/rxtest2.dll look like
>    stray files, which are not supposed to be distributed.  They are
>    not present in the Debian distro.
They are test extensions that go with the dynfunc.rexx demo program.  I
can remove them and the associated demo program.

> - The Debian package is split into three subpackages, regina-rexx,
>    libregina3, and libregina-dev.  Apart from the fact that the devel
>    package in Cygwin should be called libregina-devel, this layout
>    seems to make a lot of sense.  Wouldn't it be better to do this
>    for the Cygwin package as well?
I was trying to make things simple for my first Cygwin package :-)

> - The package-specific directories are called "Regina-REXX", while on
>    debian they are lowercase only, "regina-rexx".  It's very much a
>    matter of taste, but it might be nice to do this for Cygwin as well.
The Regina-REXX name was based on the RPM packaging name that was a
hangover from older RedHat and Fedora releases.
I'll split the build into separate packages as for Debian and follow
Debian's all lowercase naming as well.

> Thanks,
> Corinna

* Mark Hessling, mark@rexx.org http://www.rexx.org/
* Author of THE, a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor and, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/CURL, etc.
* Maintainer of Regina Rexx interpreter
* Use Rexx? join the Rexx Language Association: http://www.rexxla.org/