[ITP] mp3info-0.8.5a

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 29 22:14:00 GMT 2014

On 29/05/14 18:26, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> Sorry; our policy is to not include MP3 software in the distribution,
> so unfortunately this package cannot be accepted.

Could you possibly elaborate on this please, as I wasn't aware of this
policy. I presume that it's something like licence issues (not free as
in freedom) or the risk of patent violation surrounding MP3.

I ask because a little while ago I managed to put a typo in a tag of a
number of MP4 files, and corrected these by building AtomicParsley [1]
for Cygwin. I had intended to offer it here, in case someone else found
it useful. If AtomicParsley falls under the same policy then that's
fine; I'll strike it off my list of things to do.

Thanks in advance for clarifying,

Dave.

[1] http://atomicparsley.sourceforge.net/