cygport improvements: upload, fish, src_prep_fini_hook

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Sun Oct 26 15:01:00 GMT 2014

On 2014-10-19 09:13, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> I've published several improvements to cygport on Github.  Each improvement
> is in its own branch:
>
> upload
>    Adds the "upload" command: upload finished packages to cygwin.com.

I definitely want to add this feature.  However, the implementation is
overly complicated; only one upload client need be supported, which
should then be added to requires:.  (Yes, I'm aware that downloading
handles wget or curl, but that is legacy code and the same should apply
there.)  The pkg_name for loops are also incorrect wrt subpackages.

> fish
>    Creates fish scripts in /etc/profile.d/*.fish.

Merged, with a note in the documentation wrt portability.

> src_prep_fini_hook
>    Adds support for the src_prep_fini_hook() hook function, which runs
>    at the end of prep, after creation of the src directory. This seems to be
> the only way to copy in complete files to the src directory during prep.

If all you want to do is copy files to $S during unpacking, just add
them to SRC_URI.

Yaakov