cygport 0.17.0: Incorrect 'requires' line in setup.hint

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:57:00 GMT 2014

On 25/09/2014 22:05, David Stacey wrote:
> I am trying to package tinyxml2, to be used by cppcheck. I have split
> the package into a library package called 'libtinyxml2-2', and a devel
> package 'libtinyxml2-devel'. However, when I run cygport to generate the
> packages, the setup.hint file for the devel package claims that it is
> dependent on 'libtinyxml2' (note the missing '-2' at the end).

the package should be called libtinyxml2_2,
using that you will have:

 >>> libtinyxml2_2 requires: libgcc1 libstdc++6
 >>> libtinyxml2-devel requires: libtinyxml2_2

> I've obviously done something wrong in either my package naming or in
> the cygport file itself - please could you advise. I am running
> cygport-0.17.0 in x86 Cygwin.

libtinyxml2-2-2.1.0.tar.bz2   makes difficult to split between
package name and version

libtinyxml2_2-2.1.0.tar.bz2 is more clear

> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Dave.

Regards
Marco