cygport: Suppressing the creation of *.cygwin.patch

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 20:20:00 GMT 2014

On 30/09/2014 21:48, Ken Brown wrote:
> I've started using here documents in my .cygport files to create
> postinstall scripts when necessary.  But then cygport creates an
> unnecessary .cygwin.patch file.  I can prevent that with
>
>    cp -R ${C} ${S}/../../origsrc/${SRC_DIR}
>
> Is there a better way to deal with this situation?  Or should cygport
> have a RESTRICT option for it?
>
> Ken

file in CYGWIN-PATCHES called postinstall.sh and preremove.sh
are copied during postinstall stage as

/etc/postinstall/${PN}.sh
/etc/preremove/${PN}.sh

see  __prepetc() in
/usr/share/cygport/lib/src_postinst.cygpart

Regards
Marco