perl-5.14.4

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Feb 9 17:16:00 GMT 2015

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> I think it's important to keep the information in sync while building
> the packages.  A later rebase will break the connection between debug
> symbols and runtime symbols as well, obviously.

Obviously?  I have no indication that the debug information is damaged
once it's been stripped off into a separate file.  Which may be a hint
on what rebase might do wrong.

> Maybe we should think of rebasing the actual binaries as well as their
> debugging counterparts to keep everything in sync, but that's a bit
> much effort...

I may not understand what is really going on, but the way I see it,
rebase does exactly that while the debug information is still part of
the object file.  It seems to do something extra or wrong, since objcopy
will the not be able to copy out that information.  Looking with objdump
reveals the section is still there ans has contents, but it doesn't get
associated with the code in the correct manner anymore.

Regards,
Achim.