[HEADSUP] Moving setup sources to git

Tue Feb 10 08:31:00 GMT 2015

On Feb  9 22:48, Achim Gratz wrote:
> At the time of writing an in-tree build configuration did not work for
> me, although that later turned out to be an unrelated problem IIRC.  At
> the moment I actually build in-tree since you can't configure both
> architectures in an out-of-tree build anyway.

This.  I don't understand.  Here's what I do:

  $ mkdir -p ~/src/setup
  $ cd !$
  $ cvs -d :ext:corinna@sourceware.org:/cvs/cygwin-apps ^C
  <swear at old habits>
  $ git clone cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-setup.git setup
  [...bla...]
  $ cd setup
  $ bash -c "NOCONFIGURE=1 ./bootstrap.sh"
  $ cd ..
  $ mkdir i686 x86_64
  $ cat > conf.sh <<EOF
  #!/bin/bash
  cpu=$(basename $PWD)
  [ -n "$cpu" ] && \
    ../setup/configure --host=$cpu-w64-mingw32 --target=$cpu-w64-mingw32
  EOF
  $ chmod +x conf.sh
  $ cd i686
  $ ../conf.sh
  [...more bla...]
  $ make -j12 upx
  [...even more bla...]
  $ cd ../x86_64
  $ ../conf.sh
  [...lots of bla...]
  $ make -j12 upx
  [...excessive bla...]

Now I have the 32 bit version in ~/src/setup/i686 and the 64 bit version
in ~/src/setup/x86_64.

Red Hat