ffcall

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Feb 21 17:20:00 GMT 2015


On 2/21/2015 7:59 AM, Reini Urban wrote:
> On 02/21/2015 04:44 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 2/19/2015 2:46 PM, Reini Urban wrote:
>>> And the deal with the latest clisp 2.49 was that modules can be
>>> dynaloaded.
>>> If the gnulib steps would work. I never did for me. And I fixed most of
>>> the other
>>> module compilation problems before.
>>
>> But I just discovered that clisp-2.49 builds fine with the configure
>> option --without-dynamic-modules.  Is there any reason not to do
>> that?  After all, clisp-2.48 is built without dynamic modules, so
>> what's the harm in doing the same for 2.49?
>
> Technically this is the best.
> But I never published 2.49 with this option, because there were not many
> other changes.
> So it's almost the same as 2.48 and my version was not as confusing.

OK, that makes sense.  On the other hand, I think users are confused by not 
having the latest release in the distro, so I'll probably update to 2.49.

Ken



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list