setup : request

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Thu Jul 9 23:17:00 GMT 2015

On Sat, 2015-07-04 at 11:25 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Achim,
> as you are playing with setup,
> can you add a switch that allow to commute between:
>
> old     behaviour : current or test is default installed
> current behaviour : if installed is higher than current do nothing
>
> The new behaviour is usually fine, but going back and forth
> between all new perl test stuff is a pain when I need to remove
> the 5.22 stuff.

On Fedora there is "yum update" and "yum distro-sync", which are
distinct commands corresponding to each of these behaviours.  So my
thought was that we could add a fourth "Sync" option to the
Keep/Curr/Exp radio buttons.  I've attached a barely tested *draft*
patch along these lines, but it almost certainly needs more work.

--
Yaakov