setup

Mon Jun 8 13:49:00 GMT 2015

On Jun  8 14:56, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun  3 19:11, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> > > Anyone looking at the sources would be tainted thereby.  Because we are
> > > concerned about the licensing of upset, AFAICS we are going to have to
> > > clean-room reverse-engineer this.
> >
> > So what exactly does upset that genini doesn't when it comes to
> > generating setup.ini and what other functions does it do in the
> > maintenance of the download area (which I assume is the part where it
> > gets hairy)?
>
> Basically upset generates setup.ini and setup.bz2 files and a makefile
> signs the files.  But additionally upset also creates the data for the
> package search and it does the uploading from the package staging area.

...it also handles the "autodep" and "incver_ifdep" stuff in setup.hint.

"autodep" (and "noautodep") seems to have a bug, though, as we discussed
a while back.  It seems to miss adding some of the required dependencies.

"incver_ifdep" is still used in _update-info-dir unfortunately.  It would
be nice to make this a perpetual postinstall script instead.

Red Hat