texlive: emacs-auctex and texlive-collection-latexextra both provide preview-latex

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Jun 11 21:22:00 GMT 2015

On 5/28/2015 2:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Ken,
>
> See $SUBJECT.  emacs-auctex's copy is in texmf-site and texlive's is in
> texmf-dist, so while they don't physically clobber each other I suspect
> we only want one of them; I'm just not sure which.

I agree.  I think emacs-auctex should be the provider, since preview-latex is
developed as part of the AUCTeX project
(https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html).

> If emacs-auctex should be the provider, then could you please make it a
> subpackage?  A couple programs can use preview-latex without requiring
> emacs.

I'll do this in the next day or two.  And I'll remove it from
texlive-collection-latexextra starting with TeX Live 2015, which will be
released very soon.

Ken