[ITP] foobillard - OpenGL snooker / pool game

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Thu Jun 25 02:38:00 GMT 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 21:21 +0100, David Stacey wrote:
> Built this to try out SDL that was added to Cygwin recently. Sadly,
> performance of the game is rather disappointing compared to the native
> Linux version running on the same hardware. Consequently, you might
> decide that this is not appropriate for Cygwin just yet, or it might
> only have value as a benchmarking aid for Cygwin/X. Or you might
> consider that the performance is actually pretty impressive, given the
> number of emulation layers involved :-)

I didn't try comparing it to Linux, but it seemed playable to me.  You
may want to try enabling direct hardware-accelerated rendering[1] in
multiwindow mode, e.g.:

DISPLAY=:0 LIBGL_USE_WGL=1 foobillard

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-aiglx.html

> This is the 'hobbled' version from Fedora with the non-free fonts
> removed.

This is correct, thank you.

> As per Fedora, DejaVu-Sans has been substituted, so you will need
> font-dejavu-ttf from CygwinPorts.  Yaakov: If foobillard is accepted
> into Cygwin, would you mind awfully bringing this font package over, please?

Done.

GTG, thanks.  Please upload whenever you're ready.

--
Yaakov