[ITP] hwloc-1.11.0-1

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Tue Jun 30 20:36:00 GMT 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-30 at 18:41 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 29 22:22, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 07:22 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> > > Library and tool for Portable Hardware Locality
> > > already in most Linux and BSD distri.
> > >
> > > Packages
> > >   hwloc
> > >   hwloc-devel
> > >   libhwloc5
> >
> > I would prefer calling the devel package libhwloc-devel.
>
> Out of curiosity, why?  It's called hwloc-devel on Fedora as well...

But on Fedora there would be no libhwloc5, just hwloc (with both the
program(s) and shared object) or maybe hwloc-libs.  But as we have a
libhwloc5 package (and for good reason) then the -devel package should
be libhwloc-devel for consistency.  This is the naming scheme I've been
working towards for some time now.

--
Yaakov