Question about clisp version naming

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Mar 15 18:31:00 GMT 2015

Ken Brown writes:
> This sounds like a packaging error on my part.  First of all, lisp.dll
> is new with the latest clisp; it was part of my solution to the
> dynamic loading problem.  But from what you say, it sounds like I
> should put it in /usr/bin.  In fact, I should rename it to
> cyglisp.dll, with a corresponding /usr/lib/liblisp.dll.a, so that
> applications can link against it with '-llisp'.  Would this solve the
> problem?

That would solve the problem, AFAICS (I'd go with cygclisp.dll, though).
I've meanwhile found out that if I put the clisp dir3ectory in PATH the
library is also found.  But I had to patch the scripts calling maxima
for that, so if this isn't necessary then this is even better.

> In retrospect, I should have made the new clisp a test release, to
> avoid breaking things.  Sorry about that.

No problem, I didn't know this would cause breakage either.  AT the
moment nobody else seems to use these things anyway.  :-)

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: