Question about clisp version naming

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Mar 16 20:07:00 GMT 2015

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> Is there an issue with stripping clisp executables?

Yes, with the executable dumps.

> Is there a magic
> number we can use to detect these automatically?

File identifies them as plain executables.  CLisp knows which runtime
they were rpdocued from, so there must by some symbols to pull this
information from.  Ken should have an answer, otherwise I can
investigate later.  In any case these are the only executables shipped
with maxima, so RESTRICT=strip doesn't do any harm at the moment.

Regards,
Achim.