sunrpc dependecies

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 07:47:00 GMT 2015

> On Mar 27 16:59, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Making some cleaning on 32bit, I noticed that
>> currently sunrpc requires : libtirpc libtirpc-devel
>>
>> but there is no libtirpc package anymore
>>
>> I assume the dependency should be libtirpc-common
>>

>> Any objection to change it ?
>
> Not at all.  I had actually thought we'd get rid of sunrpc by now :}

Done. I should have done the first time...
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00239.html

It seems the sunrpc obsolescence is taking more then originally expected
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2014-01/msg00069.html

nfs-server and the several rpc's
are one area of the discrepancies between 32bti and 64bit version:

libtirpc                 Both      Yaakov Selkowitz
onc-rpc-devel            Both      Pavel Fedin
rpcbind                  64 bit    Pavel Fedin
sunrpc                   32 bit    ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)
nfs-server               32 bit    ORPHANED (Sam Robb)

> Corinna

Regards
Marco