cygport no longer removes "cygwin" from the dependency list

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat May 9 12:08:00 GMT 2015

On 5/8/2015 7:16 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 14:33 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
>> Now that we've moved from cygwin-1.7.x to cygwin-2.x.y, line 681 of
>> pkg_pkg.cygpart no longer filters out "cygwin".  Presumably you just
>> want to replace "cygwin-1" by "cygwin-2", unless there's a reason to
>> allow for the possibility that maintainers are building without having
>> the latest version of cygwin installed.
>
> Good catch.  OTOH, we were only skipping the 'cygwin' dep in setup.hint
> because of an issue with deptree ordering of postinstall scripts.  Given
> the recent changes to postinstall handling in setup, is there any reason
> we can't just stop ignoring the cygwin dep?

My understanding is that this had something to do with upset rather than
setup.  upset apparently adds "cygwin" to the "requires:" line in
setup.ini.  If "cygwin" also occurs in setup.hint, would this result in
"cygwin" appearing twice?  In any case, I don't see an issue with
setup.exe here.

Ken