perl-5.22.0-RC2 / Perl distributions

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun May 24 20:03:00 GMT 2015

I've built perl-5.22.0-RC2 and bootstrapped the Perl distributions for
Cygwin (well, most of them -- I will send another ITA for some
additional ones I've hat to build later).  It doesn't make much sense to
try a test release on sourceware, so I've uploaded to my own server,
which you can use (in addition to) the normal package archive(s):

setup-{x86,x86_64}.exe -XOs http://cygwin.stromeko.net/

Let me know if anything is missing.

The release of Perl 5.22.0 is still scheduled for June 1st.  Now that
I've bootstrapped another set of packages should be ready in about a day
or two I think, so a Cygwin release beginning of June might be in the
cards.  Switching to the new Perl version will require that _all_ other
Perl distributions be re-packaged, so anything I didn't build will have
to be ready at the same time.  Please build and test your Perl
distribution packages with RC2 so that the final build will go smooth.
If you've rather had me build your packages instead (aside from the ones
mentioned above), let me know.

Regards,
Achim.