upset, genini: different version ordering

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Nov 20 19:14:00 GMT 2015

On 20/10/2015 14:33, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 20/10/2015 11:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> What about epoch handling as Yaakov
>> suggested, does that help?  Jon, as our local upset guru, how tricky
>> would it be to add epoches to upset?
>>
>> Or, in other words, how complicated would it be to have the same
>> RPM version handling in setup and upset both?
>
> I've done the first step, which is to change upset to use the same
> ordering as setup (which uses an RPM-like ordering)
>
> Patch not attached due to upset license uncertainties, but you can find
> it at
> /sourceware1/cygwin-staging/setup/0001-upset-Change-version-sorting.patch on
> sourceware.
>
> [2] is the list of packages whose ordering would change if this was
> used.  On further study, it appears that upset is ordering all of these
> but tcl-itcl in the opposite order to the chronological (and presumably
> intended) order.

I've applied this patch to upset on sourceware.

As a consequence, the curr version for the following packages has
changed (to what seems to be the intended, most recent version):

x86:

makeself 2.1.5+20120813+gitdcbe778-1
tidy     20090325-1
wput     0.6.2+git20130413-2

x86_64:

bzr      2.6.0+bzr6602-1 (enforced via setup.hint)
cgdb     0.6.7+20150214+git3a710f9-1

(additionally I added a setup.hint for x86 tcl-itcl to keep 3.4.1-1 as
the current version)