Unicode-Normalize [Re: perl-5.22.0-RC2 / Perl distributions]

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Oct 20 19:31:00 GMT 2015

Ken Brown writes:
> On 5/25/2015 2:45 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> It doesn't look like anything is going to change in the near
> future. According to the bug report I cited, Biber runs slower by a
> factor of 20 with version 1.18 of Unicode::Normalize than with version
> 1.17.  I don't think that's acceptable.

It turns out that the deprecation that triggered the XS removal was
apparently a misunderstanding and that the XS part of the module will be
resurrected with the next release of the distribution.

Regards,
Achim.