[ITP] speexdsp-1.2rc3-1

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Tue Dec 27 02:49:00 GMT 2016

On 12/26/2016 5:16 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> * Why a git snapshot instead of an official tarball?

I had problems building the latest speex release from the official
tarball, so I switched to git for that release and just copied it for
speexdsp.

> * A version number of "1.2rc3" may not sort properly with a future
> 1.2.0.  Instead, drop all the git stuff and:
>
> VERSION=1.2
> RELEASE=0.1.rc3

Right. For speex, I had to use override.hint for 1.2.0. Thanks for the hint.

> libspeexdsp1_CONTENTS="usr/bin/*.dll"
>
> NEVER DO THIS.  If the DLL ABI version number is changed upstream
> (either on purpose or by accident), you might miss it and end up
> packaging what should be libspeexdsp2 as libspeexdsp1, breaking existing
> installations.

Noted.

> I have added this package under your name.  Go ahead and upload with
> these fixes, and then I'll fix the dependencies of other packages
> accordingly.

Done. Thanks for the review and fixing up the dependencies.

Cynic, n.:
         Experienced.