[ITP] The Silver Searcher / Ag

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Tue Feb 23 16:54:00 GMT 2016

On 2016-02-23 08:42, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> I'm looking at packaging The Silver Searcher, aka Ag.  The Silver
> Searcher is a grep/Ack replacement designed for searching code and
> optimised for speed.
>
> The package has an Apache 2.0 license, and is already packaged for
> Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora, amongst others.
>
> setup.hint is below, further information in the links.

> SRC_URI="https://github.com/ggreer/the_silver_searcher/archive/${PV}.tar.gz"

SRC_URI="https://github.com/ggreer/the_silver_searcher/archive/${VERSION}/the_silver_searcher-${VERSION}.tar.gz"

This works better with DISTDIR.

> the_silver_searcher_completion_REQUIRES='the_silver_searcher bash_completion'
                                                                    ^
That should be bash-completion with a hyphen.

>   cyginstall bashcompdir=/etc/bash_completion.d

We have bash-completion-2.1 now, so you can use bashcompdir=$(pkg-config
--variable=completionsdir bash-completion) -- and change *_CONTENTS
accordingly.

--
Yaakov